Tamara LaPorte posted 31 things about herself this week…it sounded like a fun challenge so I thought I’d do it too. Drumroll please…
1. I’m a New Yorker. I haven’t lived there since I was a girl but you can never take the New York out of a girl. Give me a proper bagel, a slice of pizza (no knife and fork) and some rye bread and I’m happy.
2. My favorite book (if forced to chose) is My Antonia by Willa Cather.
3. I lived in England for a year when I was 14.
4. I am the second pickiest eater in my family and could happily live on bread, fruit and chocolate.
5. On a related note I have a huge sweet tooth.
6. I studied art history in college but took my fine arts classes elsewhere because the art crowd at my university was unfriendly.
7. I love riding on trains.
8. A big pet peeve of mine is rudeness. It is so easy to be polite and treat others with basic courtesy. I can’t stand it when someone is rude.
9. My girlhood best friend has the same first name as me.
10. I am not tall.
11. I met my husband while waiting at an espresso stand. A very Seattle moment.
12. One of my most favorite songs is Here Comes the Sun (side note: George Harrison is my favorite Beattle.)
13. I strongly dislike shopping for clothes but I love shopping for books and art supplies.
14. My son chooses a new favorite color every year. His favorite color for 2014 is blue. Mine is still red.
15. I went to High School in Los Angeles. I loved my school but hated the city…still do (sorry California friends). I can’t stand the concrete, the car culture and the harsh quality of the sunlight.
16. I collect cookbooks.
17. I know how to knit.
18. None of my best, known-me-longest friends live in the same city as me.
19. I don’t like olives.
20. I don’t drink coffee…I’m a tea kind of girl. Black tea, please, with a splash of milk (not cream).
21. I was afraid of striking matches until I was about 12 years old. My grandfather was injured as a child while playing with matches and had the scars on his foot to show for it.
22. I was lucky to have my grandparents until I was in my late 20s-early thirties and I miss them a lot.
23. When I was in elementary school we used to pick the honeysuckle blossoms off the vines and “drink” the nectar.
24. I met Bette Davis once. And Mr. Rogers. Though not on the same day.
25. I am not an athlete.
26. I failed my driving test the first time I took it. The examiner terrified me so much I could barely breathe.
27. I was afraid of dogs as a girl. I’m not afraid anymore though I still don’t like it when giant dogs jump up on me.
28. I have a bad sense of direction. I suggest not following me anywhere.
29. I am more of a shower than bath person.
30. I am a writer. I’ve got 4 completed novel manuscripts in my desk drawer at home.
31. Elephants are my favorite wild animal.
If you want to read 31 things about Tam (who is a lovely artist) here is her list. She also has links to blogs of others who did the same exercise. Fun!
Happy weekend, everyone!